Sign in to follow this  
DEbassman17

I need answers, ... quick

I just need your opinion real quick should i take my Citica 200d back and get a Daiwa black widow 2 or keep the citica? I need quick answers please  ;D

-Jason

P.S- What kind of warranty does the black widow 2 come with?

keep the citica.  however, why are you considering taking it back and getting a Daiwa, is there something wrong with ur citica?

no nothings wrong with it i just saw one on ***.com and got hyped up but after comparing the two on tackletour I think i'll keep the citica, it seems better built.

haha thanks  ;), you should see my citica, it's all blinged up, lol it's on a berkley lightning rod shock series ( orange and grey split-grip rod) with bright electric lime green line on it, with black, red, and white reel grips :) It's goofy but i love it.

The Black Widow II is essential a TD Advantage, so it's should be a durable reel.  The Citica's are obviously durable as well.  Since both are quality reels; I take the Black Widow over a Citica D....just due to looks.  

One reels is a Daiwa.  The other reel wishes it was.  

One reels is a Daiwa. The other reel wishes it was.

Looks like we have another Daiwa fan developing in the mist.  Welcome aboard Rowland. :)

:) do i smell a debate????????????  ;D The black widow has a graphite sideplate and composite drag star  :) hahahahaha the citica's is aluminum and feels sturdier  :-X Hey the Citica may be heavier but big girls need love too  ;)

- Jason

:o do i smell a debate???????????? ;D The black widow has a graphite sideplate and composite drag star :) hahahahaha the citica's is aluminum and feels sturdier :-X Hey the Citica may be heavier but big girls need love too ;)

- Jason

No debate, this topic has been beat to death on this board.  Just the normal Shimano vs. Daiwa ribbing, that's all.  Use whatever you feel is best suited for your needs. :)

:o do i smell a debate???????????? ;D The black widow has a graphite sideplate and composite drag star :) hahahahaha the citica's is aluminum and feels sturdier :-X Hey the Citica may be heavier but big girls need love too ;)

- Jason

No debate, this topic has been beat to death on this board. Just the normal Shimano vs. Daiwa ribbing, that's all. Use whatever you feel is best suited for your needs. :)

lol I was just messing with you guys  ;D

Daiwa >=Abu Garcia>Quantum>Zebco>Shimano

Zebco>Shimano

Haha dude that's just horrible !

It goes like this --------- Shimano > Everything Else

lol jk jk it's all about your preferences

Take your Citica back and get yourself a Zebco Hawg Seeker with Electronic Bite Alert.   It's the reel Shimano copied to make the Calais DC.

Micro let it go. He made his choice. Anyway I think Shimano wins since they have their own sub forum. ;D :);)

I have two Black Widow II reels.  They are the old "vanilla" TD-A with some appearance upgrades, which is now sold as the Daiwa Tierra.  If you have a Citica, I don't see any reason to swap out, unless the centrifugal brake isn't doing it for you.  I also wouldn't pay $100 for it, as they can be found for much less.  Great reel though :)