Sign in to follow this  
Big O Tires Angler

I bought the Chronarch D today

IMG00209Sm.jpg

Called up the local tackle shop and they said that the new Chronarch D was in so I dropped everything that I was doing at work and raced over to pick up a 100D7. $325 after tax later I'm still drooling over it.

I must say that this is one solid feeling reel. It feels completely different as compared to the Curado E. And by different I mean that you can tell the difference in the materials that they used. The Curado E feels like a piece of plastic in your hands compared to this beast.

I'll be taking it out tomorrow morning for a few practice casts to see how it goes. I'm pairing it up with a 6'8" Cumara M XF using 12# Trilene 100% Fluorocarbon.

Sweet let us know what you think!

It is definitely a sweet reel; but I still don't understand why folks are buying it instead of the Core.

The Core is the only Shimano that has ever really gotten my attention.

That reel is nothing short of sexy!!

O.K. you talked me into it. Ordered one today along with a Powell rod to match it up with. Should of heard the secretary at the office gasp over the price of it when I had her place the order for me. :D You got to love company awarded safety certificates and no accident bonus's. ;D

Until my wife finds out. I was supposed to spend that money at home depot. It will be delivered to office so maybe I can put off telling her for a while or just go hide it in boat, she'll never know.  :D ;D

ive been feasting my eyes on the D, but that Core..whoa...ive wanted it for a while.im putting a order in for a core to go with the Damiki dark angel i just ordered ;D