Sign in to follow this  
Okieracer

I have that feeling....

like I'm missing something.  I have a total of 4 rods and one more on the list to buy before my tournament season starts.  I have 2 6'6" mh 6.2-1 ratio as do it all types but mostly for worms, spinnerbaits, and my topwaters, a 7' m with a 6.3-1 ratio for crankbaits, a 7' m spinning outfit for finesse techniques  and weightless worms, and I plan to buy a 7'6" h with a 7.2-1 ratio for flipping jigs and heavy carolina's and such.  I pretty much feel like I can cover most of the stuff I throw with these.  Is there anything I may be overlooking?  I don't throw swimbaits due to the fact I'd hang myself if i ever lost a $25+ lure.  Thx in advance.

I think you have it covered!!  Now you'll just end up buying duplicates of the rods you have so you don't have to re-tie as much!!

Is there anything I may be overlooking?

Lure retriever.

its all preference man! if you feel that you can comfortably cover all the techniques you will fish with the arsenal that you have you are in good shape. Me personally, i may throw three diff texas rigs at one location, all with different size weights to differentiate the fall. Therefore i will have three rods rigged for those purposes. On top of that i may throw a football jig and a swim jig, so then i would have two more. Im always gonna have a shallow crank on, and most likely a med crank as well as a spinnerbait somewhere. I dont want to spend time retying when i could be fishing so i'll have em on seperate rigs. Its all personal preference man.  8-)

Thx guys...I guess it was just the monkey on my back saying I "needed" something else.

There is a fine line between need and want some times.   ;D

You can never have enough terminal tackle. Make sure you have a variety of hooks and weights.