Sign in to follow this  
SuthernHaze

rod comparison

I have a revo sx i want to use for a worm/jig setup... i want to stick with the same rod just different action n power for other setups because i read you need to stay with the same one for being used it the feel... i dont know whether the carrot stix, falcon, avid series, or legend tournament bass rods... I love the way the split grip looks on carrot stix,some falcons, and legend tournament bass.  Just want the best i can get under 250.

To each his own but IMO those articles are WAY overrated...  even to rods of same action in the same series will feel different in different powers.  Having the best "tool" for the job trumps any continuity you'll notice from having same or similar rods.  

Buy what makes the most sense for your intended applications and you'll catch more fish.  

Not to disagree with Flech, but I'm one of those guys who likes all the same rods. I do notice a difference in feel from a St Croix, Loomis, and everything else. Reels play a large part in a setup feeling the same though too. It's a confidence thing for me as well.

Not sure if you already have other rods, you said you wanted to stick with the same rod but didn't say what you had. In case you're getting new rods, check out Dobyns Rods.

I have all Dobyns rods (they come split grip and full grip), the new ones just came out and are retailing from $200 - $240. Great rods, very light well, warranty, and extremely light and sensitive. Check *** or Basstackledepot. Tons of models depending on your preference on lengths and actions.

I have 4 Revo STXs and they balance perfectly on the rods.

Plastics and jigs = feel.

Graphite rods to get the transmission of the feel of the bait at all times.

You have listed super rods so you can't go wrong.

Check the rod's specs and decide how they match up with your reels and if they balance comfortably for you.

Take your reel with you to the store and rig up each rod and see how it feels.

Have fun.   :)