Sign in to follow this  
Tuckman

Falcon lowrider or Team All Star???

I am looking into a new fleet of bass rods for the upcomming NY bass season. Like most other ppl, I am not made of money right now so I am after the highest quality rods in the mid-price category. I have been running a fleet of BPS bionic blades for the last 4 years and have to say that I love them, and most of them are still running strong, but I think its time to update and try out some of the lighter more sensative rods made by smaller rod companies. I have narrowed my search down to the Falcon Lowrider series rods, and the Team All Star Series and was wondering if anyone has any opinions on this??? or maybe someone has a better rod suggestion??? Thank you.

I can't speak to the Falcon, but it seems like a very nice rod.  

I have two Team All Stars.  I like these very much.  I have a 6'6" MH/F worm rod which is fairly light and very sensitive.  I also have a 6'8" MH/F spinnerbait rod that has a relatively soft tip that is a good rod for various techniques.  

I have always thought that Falcon is one of the best values on the market. I have a Lowrider that I really like. Another suggestion for a line of rods in the $100 range is the Quantum PT Energy series. I prefer these rods over most that I have fished. They are light, sensitive, and have great action.

http://www.***.com/descpageRDCQUANTUM-QECR.html

The 7' M is my favorite rod for ratltraps, jerkbaits, and senkos.

My next rod will be the 6'6" MH for spinnerbaits. Awesome rods ata great price IMO.

I am looking into a new fleet of bass rods for the upcomming NY bass season. Like most other ppl, I am not made of money right now so I am after the highest quality rods in the mid-price category. I have been running a fleet of BPS bionic blades for the last 4 years and have to say that I love them, and most of them are still running strong, but I think its time to update and try out some of the lighter more sensative rods made by smaller rod companies. I have narrowed my search down to the Falcon Lowrider series rods, and the Team All Star Series and was wondering if anyone has any opinions on this??? or maybe someone has a better rod suggestion??? Thank you.

Check out the sales at BPS!

I would take a look at the St. Croix Mojo

BPS Extreme

KVD Signature Series

American Rodsmiths Rods

And I know that these are a bit out of your range but the Carrot Stix are real nice. ;)

I've never used Falcon rods but I understand they are a great rod for the money.  I've got 3 TAS rods,  One Big Boy I use for Flippin/pitchin, and 2 spinnerbait rods, one MHvy and the other med.  I wouldn't trade them.  

Thanks for the input! I was up at bass pro last week and handled a whole bunch of rods to see what felt good, I thought that the St croix mojos were a bit top heavy and I am not a fan of split grips because alot of my casting is two handed for long distance, I liked the st croix premier but they felt like they would snap on a big hookset, I was also  looking into the Shimano crucials, but It seemed they were expensive compared to other rods that felt just as good, I liked the shimano compre though. I thought that the Team all star rods felt great for an 80$ rod, but I was also liking the Falcon Lowriders for a little bit more coin. I am pretty sure that I will pick one of these two, but I would love to hear from people who have used them. I need a rod that can stand up to heavy tournament fishing and lots of hard hooksets!!! ;)

I've owned a couple Falcon Lowriders and they are excellent for the money. IMO you can't go wrong. I still use a 6'6" lowrider as my jerkbait rod.

Haven't bought a Lowrider yet but I do love my Falcon Originals.

Played with a 6'7" MH/XF Lowrider XG and a 6'10" MH/F at a Sportsman's Warehouse and they both felt great! They were only $99!

I would have bought either one but had just enough cash for a clearanced St. Croix...

Thanks for the input! I was up at bass pro last week and handled a whole bunch of rods to see what felt good, I thought that the St croix mojos were a bit top heavy and I am not a fan of split grips because alot of my casting is two handed for long distance, I liked the st croix premier but they felt like they would snap on a big hookset, I was also looking into the Shimano crucials, but It seemed they were expensive compared to other rods that felt just as good, I liked the shimano compre though. I thought that the Team all star rods felt great for an 80$ rod, but I was also liking the Falcon Lowriders for a little bit more coin. I am pretty sure that I will pick one of these two, but I would love to hear from people who have used them. I need a rod that can stand up to heavy tournament fishing and lots of hard hooksets!!! ;)

I've got a 6'6" Med-Fast Shimano Compre as a back-up rod and still feel that it's one of the best rods in the $100 range.

Oh man, I was just about dead set on the team all star but now the last few post almost have me leaning towards the lowriders...Argggh! good thing the lakes are still frozen over up here so I have time to mull it over ;)

Guest beowulfx71

You cant go wrong with either TAS or Lowrider, Id get whichever you can get cheaper. Which Sportsmans Warehouse was that-Lafayette? Last time I was there they also had a few All-Star Platinums for $89.

You cant go wrong with either TAS or Lowrider, Id get whichever you can get cheaper. Which Sportsmans Warehouse was that-Lafayette? Last time I was there they also had a few All-Star Platinums for $89.

Actually it was a Sportsman's Warehouse in Columbia, SC.

I stopped there on my way back from the Southeastern Wildlife Exposition in Charleston...

Should have picked them up on a credit for under $100! I came out to my truck and looked at a BPS and Cabelas' catalog and the Lowriders were $119-$129!

i own both a all star and a lowrider. the falcon to me is a much better rod. i almost just bought a new low rider recently but ended up going with a mojo. i love my lowrider over my allstar.

Do you think that the All Star pro staff use the Team All Star rods, or the Platinum series rods?($Which are still a good deal$)... I know that Tim Horton uses both All Star and Pfleuger Rods. On the other hand Falcon's Clark Wendelent has used the Lowriders for years and hes a destroyer on the FLW tour.

I had 2 Falcon lowriders last yr. But I left 1 of them in the back of my truck with a can of paint, and the paint can won.

Seriously though, you cannot go wrong with them. They are light, sensitive, and can handle the nastiest of hooksets. Just don't leave them alone with cans of paint.

Look into the Powell MAX series It is a terrific rod for $130 it could easily sell for $200 IMO... Terrific rods for the money.