Sign in to follow this  
Hammer 4

How to disassemble a BPS BC extrem reel

I've taken the screws out, along with the drage ect. I press the button on the rightside (left handed crank) but I still can't get the reel apart. This reel was given to me, and I tried out yesterday and got a huge birdsnest  :-[ By the looks of what I see it needs some lube too. We are fishing tomorrow so any quick help would be Much appreciated. :D

Modle is ext10hlc

remove palm plate, remove spool, there is a hidden screw underneath the spool holding the crankside plate on.

Do not touch screws. Push in and hold in button wand rotate side plate up and it will come off. Remove spool and wipe shaft clean.

Remove spool tension knob and clean and dry disc inside. 1 drop of good reel oil on each spool bearing is all you want. Dab of lube on levelwind gearshaft next. Mine has a removable window below the handle ta access the gears for easy lube. A little good gear lube and you should be good to go.

Thanks fella's  :D

Coldwaterbassin thanks, I figureded out just before your post.. :-[

I cleaned it all up and lubed as you suggested. I had a major problem with the braking, now it works great!!!!

I'll be tryin it out tomorrow at Lake Skinner!!  :) btw we fished there yesterday and had a decent day 8-)

Thanks again

Greg