Sign in to follow this  
coolhandlala

Rogue Rods...anybody have one, what to you think

Just wondering what everyone thought about them.  I want to try to make my own rod from scratch and found these and they sell the blanks.  I would love to make a loomis but I don't want to ruin a $150 blank on my first rod.

I have two, a 7ft H mag bass and a Byron Velvick heavy swimbait rod.  Love them both.  They are both light and very strong but I would have rated the 7ft H a MH.  They don't have the X-Fast action of a Loomis but it doesn't need it.  They are very sensitive.  The only gripe I have and the reason I don't own any more is that they stopped using fuji components.  But being that you are just buying the blank, I think you will be more than happy.

About the action, They said that their action is a little spower than a loomis.  I want one I can use for jigging for walleye and they said the spin/jig blanks had a action more similar to a loomis so I think that may be the way I go.

I think they are excellent...My 6'6" Rogue spinning rod is more sensative and lighter than my Loomis SHR.....

I don't think you would be giving up ANYthing when using a Rogue blank.....Cept' maybe to a GLX Loomis blank...Otherwise Rogue all the way.

i have the SJ 602S and i just bought the SP 602S. you will not be disappointed with the spin jig blank.

I have 4 Roque rods and I've been very pleased, they have a little softer tip but if you go with a MH Roque you'll find it has plenty of backbone. I also have a 7' Heavy action that's been excellent for Carolina Rigs.

Love them, one of the better drop-shot rods on the market imo and they can take a beating. Those recoil guides are great.