Sign in to follow this  
Goggle Eyes

Looking at Seaguar Invizx for baitcasters

I have tried braided line (Power Pro, thought it was "ok", but was paranoid that fish could see it or hear it, it's all about confidence) on my Quantum baitcasters, but I swithed to Seaguar Carbon Pro. I like the Carbon Pro but it feels a bit "stretchy" to me and I'm concerned about its toughness.

Any opinions on Invizx?

Is it me, or do I get more backlash with flouro vs. braided on a b/c? I have heck ofa time casting smaller Rapalas and such.

I typically fish smaller ponds, but will make the occasional trip to deeper lakes so I would like something versatile.

Thanks in advance!

from what I have read the invisx has more stretch then the carbon pro.. I like it on my spinning gear because its very supple and doesnt wanna jump off the spool.. But for my BC's this year i just got trilene 100% because it is available just about anywhere..

I experimented with it for about a year on my B/C's. It fished ok but the knots would become brittle.  I didn't notice any influx in the amount of hits v.s mono or Yozuri

I experimented with it for about a year on my B/C's. It fished ok but the knots would become brittle. I didn't notice any influx in the amount of hits v.s mono or Yozuri

Boy after reading all of the hype Yozuri Hybrid is getting maybe I should take a look at that.

I have tried braided line (Power Pro, thought it was "ok", but was paranoid that fish could see it or hear it, it's all about confidence) on my Quantum baitcasters, but I swithed to Seaguar Carbon Pro. I like the Carbon Pro but it feels a bit "stretchy" to me and I'm concerned about its toughness.

Any opinions on Invizx?

Is it me, or do I get more backlash with flouro vs. braided on a b/c? I have heck ofa time casting smaller Rapalas and such.

I typically fish smaller ponds, but will make the occasional trip to deeper lakes so I would like something versatile.

Thanks in advance!

If the sensation of Stretchiness is a concern to you, then invizx is NOT for you. If anything it feels quite simialr to a nylon monofilament line, but for me, that is exactly what I like about it and want from it. There are stiffer feeling fc lines out there that I bet would fit your bill, but I couldn't tell you what they are.

i dont think its you with the backlash problem  with flourocarbon  in any brand.  baitcaster are the worst for backlash with flouro. i use braid and then a flourocarbon leader  about the length of the rod ia'm useing

i dont think its you with the backlash problem with flourocarbon in any brand. baitcaster are the worst for backlash with flouro. i use braid and then a flourocarbon leader about the length of the rod ia'm useing

What brand/color of braid are you using?