Sign in to follow this  
zbigbadaaron

Rod and reel handle grips.

Do you guy prefer rod or reel handle grips, hey give sensitivity or any advantages. What brands do you guys buy and where would I be able to find them?

I use handle wrap, but I don't like reel grips.  I don't buy the rod wrap brand...I buy prince brand racket grip at academy.  It improves grip, and I like the feel of it, but it doesn't affect sensitivity at all.  

I have never used rod wraps but I do like reel grips. I think you can pick them up at Dicks. I don't think there is any big advantage but I think they feel good, especially after a long day of fishing. For about $5 its not a big gamble.

I found rod wrap at BPS catalog outlet for $1.88@ and bought a bunch.  I liked it but it didn't wear well and was always dirty.  So I got to looking around and ran across this stuff at Harbor Freight Tool Sales.  I really like it.

13_24_02_09_12_27_37.JPG

I use reel grips on all my reels. I dont use the rod wrap, I feel like it adds too much weight....but in reality it doesn't add that much. I guess it's just a mental thing.

Dick's, Gander Mounain, BPS and Cabela's all sell reel grips in many colors.  The problem I found at Dick's is that they have a limited color selection.

I've been using a self-adhesive cloth tape. Works really well. Very thin and the cloth texture helps with grip.

DSC03239.jpg

Fill me in on what the point of the rod grip wrap is please. :)

I've never used either but I just bought this set of reel grips mainly because I thought they would look cool on the new reel! :)

post-16836-13016292628_thumb.jpg