Sign in to follow this  
noonpei

A question for BPS Tourney Special Rod

hi guys

I have this rod which is TYS66MT-2  6'6" M 2 PIECE.

I only know it's action is M. I am not sure what kind of tip it is, just feel it is very soft. and if some guys famliar with it, can you tell me what kind of lure I should tie on this rod?

thank you

cranks, buzzbaits, small spinnerbaits, topwaters(poppers, spooks, ect) finesse jigs, wacky rigged stick baits and maybe light wire texas riggs. that size action rod and length is pretty versatile. i wouldnt use anything with "thick" hooks though, like heavy jigs or high gage ewg hooks, as it takes somthing with more back bone to get a good hookset. maybe use braided line if you plan on doing that. nice rod for the money, i just bought one (6' mh) because my st coix got snapped in a car door! >:)

I'm not familiar with the model you're talking about but I do own several Tourney Specials. They're a decent rod for active baits (cranks, spinnerbaits, topwaters) but for slow presentations, I wouldn't recommend them (no way near sensitive enough, IMO). I have to agree with Burley, cranks and topwater (treble hooked ones) would be the applications I'd use on this rod. My spinnerbait rod is a 7' MH Tourney Special, At least for me, I don't believe the medium has enough backbone for a good hookset.