Sign in to follow this  
ghost

Okuma C3 Spinning Rod

I bought the 7' M C3 spinning rod. It's a very nice looking rod but the guides are a bit on the flimsy side IMO. They bend quite easily & doesn't seem that strong. Also the first 2 guides on the bottom are small for a spinning rod. Also the butt handle is on the thin side when gripping.

This is my second C3 7' spinning rod. The first one snapped while fishing & I sent it to Okuma for warranty. I've never had to use the limited lifeteme warranty on any rod till now & Okuma sent me a new 7' Med spinning rod w/a rod case(I also have a rod case for the first one I bought, don't really need 2 rod cases). The first one I had I noticed that it felt heavier than normal. The second one I got it feels lighter, but can't compare it to the first one since it was sent to Okuma.

I was thinking of getting a matching baitcast C3 rod, but I don't think this rod is worth the $150 asking price. That's a good price but I don't know if the first batches of these rods are as heavy as the first one I got. Okuma did something to make the second 7' spinning rod feel lighter.

I haven't used the new 7' spinning rod yet, just got it yesterday. I do have to put it through the paces & feel if it's sensitive...or not. It is a very good looking rod though, but putting a 2009 Shimano Symetre 2500 doesn't really match up color wise.

I just hope I won't have issues w/ the guides bending easily, that's my real concern.

Any of you guys own the C3 rods? If so what's your opinion?

Are they recoil guides?  if so then they are able to bend.  But if I had a rod snap on me like that I wouldn't buy a second....that's why I don't have a Berkely Cherrywood

Titanium Guide Frames.....Titanium is some pretty tough stuff! I used to work with it and it ain't easy to cut or bend. Unless you are putting some extreme abuse on them to the point of trying to break it on purpose.

I like my casting rod.I got a shimano curado E7 on it and it's pretty nicely balanced.

Got a couple of the Guide series rods and really like them.  Reason I got two, first one had a break 1/2 inch from the tip and they just sent me another rod so I just retipped the broken one.  Use the broken one for jigs and heavier baits, the other is good for just about everything.  I was also lucky enough to get it for about $20 and assure you I've gotten much more than my money's worth!  Good luck with yours.