Sign in to follow this  
BlakeMolone

Quantum hot sauce

A lot of people seem to like the Hot Sauce. Personally, I don't. The thermal properties are not very good In My Opinion. For me, in colder temperatures, it gums up and in warmer temps it gets too thin. Other products that I have tried and use now hold up much better for me.

Secure lid

Toss in trash

Buy something that works

Open up a reel that has had Hot Sauce applied to the bearings/gears.  The stuff turns black within 6 months of application.  I serviced a PT1171 back in the winter, expected to see red bearings and gears.  Instead I saw black.

There are much better lubricants on the market.  Shimano or Daiwa oil are two of the best.

Quantum® Hot Sauce was created for the Hybrid PT bearings in their reels. The bearings have a Poly film covering the balls in the race and the Hot Sauce is Poly based and keeps it there.

There are tons of really good reel oils on the market, and any one of them is better for your reels (any none Quantum PT reel) than Hot Sauce in them. Even the old Zebco® reel oil is better than Hot Sauce in a none PT reel....

Just my .02¢

Tight Lines & Smooth Reels.....