Sign in to follow this  
TommyBass

Spinning reel bail problem?

I have a small ultralight spinning reel I use to crappie fish with and the bail clicks over when casting, stopping my cast dead in its tracks.  Basically it is too loose and wants to shut very easily.  Is there a spring in there somewhere that could be adjusted to tighten that up?  Or any other quick fix?  The reel is a cheap gander mountain brand but I thought I would try something before I throw it in the trash.  thanks!

You haven't said brand, etc.  There are so really good ultra-lite spinning reels on the market relatively inexpensive.  You just have to evaluate whether or not the reel is worth putting any effort and/or money into it.

You could contact your local Gander Mtn., and, find out who does service on their house brand reels....

Just my .02¢

Good Luck & Tight Lines!!!    

yea.... I dont think its worth all that hublub... the reel and rod together were only $30... would just like to have it maybe as a back up.  Guess I can just tear into and see what I can find  :)

Thanks for the input guys.

TommyBass,

Yup you can. But make sure you have the reels schematic in front of you....Then I would be looking at the bail spring side/area of the rotor. Probably the main bail spring getting weaker...

Good Luck.... :)