Sign in to follow this  
Boett43

Daiwa Exceller Reveiw

Dose anyone have any expeirince with the Exceller Baitcaster? Thanks

While you wait for responses, try the search feature.  I remember seeing several threads last year about this reel.

OK thanks, i just didnt see anything on the last 3 pages but ill check it out sorry to take up space

I've got one. Decent reel for the money. Not much re-sale value though. Smooth cranking reel. Feels good in your hand. My main disappointment in it was the fact that it's a bit temperamental about the cast settings, as is true for me with most magnetic controlled reels. It will get a weightless senko out in the toolies after you have it adjusted though. I'm sure it would make a good pitching reel as well, it has a very free spool with the mags off. Spinnerbaits, crankbaits, anything over 1/4 oz. shouldn't be a problem to cast well and far. I tested it against a Citica 200 E when I first got it, both were new and spooled with the same line. After adjusting.....and adjusting some more, the Exceler matched the Citca in distance and freedom of backlashes. The only thing was that the Citica reached optimum performance with much less adjusting of the cast controls. I personally just prefer the centrifugal brakes I guess. The Exceler is a good looking reel too. Scuffs up pretty easy though. Hope all this helps ya make up your mind.