Sign in to follow this  
Triton Jones

Bad knot tie

Went fishing last week on Millerton lake in Fresno. Man was I excited to get to go fishing. Well got to my first stop @ Millerton and tied on a senko and threw it in. After about the fifth cast bam!!! Bass hits the senko and I set the hook like KVD in a bassmaster classic. Oooo the fight was on!!!! ;D Then all of a sudden rod tip popped back and nothing >:). Reeled in the line and what do you know I did not do a very good job tying the knot :'(. Man that has not happen to me in years. I thought I share my store cause I am still bummed about it.

Misery loves company.

I've kicked myself in the butt a few times for failing to check the line regularly for nicks when fishing rocky bottom, especially when the lure gets snagged and you manage to get it free..

I've gotten into the habit of checking the first six feet of the line for nicks or chaffs every time I land a fish, just in case.

Constant vigilance is a necessity, whether it's tying a knot, or checking the line.

We all need to learn from your experience and check our line and knots after every fish or 10 casts.

I do this and have not lost a fish due to a knot problem in years.

Yes, checking the line is a pain and retie is a bigger pain but it is worth the time investment.  :)

We all need to learn from your experience and check our line and knots after every fish or 10 casts.

I do this and have not lost a fish due to a knot problem in years.

Yes, checking the line is a pain and retie is a bigger pain but it is worth the time investment. :)

I agree.  Always be sure and check your line and knot after every catch and I always and I mean always check my line and knot before starting each outing.  Better to be on the safe side then to loose a fish because of the knot coming undone or the line breaking.

Later, :P