Sign in to follow this  
JUST

New Dobyns extremes

Any fished with the new G2 Dobyns extremes? I played with the extremes at the sportsman expo back in January, but I was wondering if anyone has fished them and how they compare to other rods such as the loomis GLX?

Call me a skeptic, but after the issues they had with the 1st gen. rods, I'll wait till these ones have been around a bit before I buy one. Shame too, they look (both the old and new ones) like great rods and priced right, but time will tell if the new ones and all the issues with the older ones have been cleaned up. Not bashing, just expressing my opinion.

IMO BEST rods ever made!THE NEW EXTREMES ARE BETTER THAN THE GLX'S.I TESTED THE 784 EXTREME AGAINST THE 844 GLX AND THE EXTREME IS WAY BETTER!

Pro staffer?  ;D

IMO BEST rods ever made!THE NEW EXTREMES ARE BETTER THAN THE GLX'S.I TESTED THE 784 EXTREME AGAINST THE 844 GLX AND THE EXTREME IS WAY BETTER!

Pro staffer? ;D

I wish!Maybe one day.I made the switch to all dobyns.Bronzefly stick any swimbait fish this year?

I've heard good things about these new rods...  I really wish Dobyns well and hope everything has been worked out.  

Sticking a few on the big baits here and there :)

Hold on now.  I own a couple of these rods, but I given the choice I would rather have my GLXs. I do love the Dobyns rods, and use them to fill the gap in the Loomis lineup (frog, deep cranker). I can't wait to get my hands on the mag topwater and the ML jig rod. As for sensitivity I would put them on par with an IMX, not that I can feel that much difference b/n the IMX or GLX. They are great rods no doubt, but stating they are the best rods ever made is a quite a statement. Lets give them a few years.

Hold on now. I own a couple of these rods, but I given the choice I would rather have my GLXs. I do love the Dobyns rods, and use them to fill the gap in the Loomis lineup (frog, deep cranker). I can't wait to get my hands on the mag topwater and the ML jig rod. As for sensitivity I would put them on par with an IMX, not that I can feel that much difference b/n the IMX or GLX. They are great rods no doubt, but stating they are the best rods ever made is a quite a statement. Lets give them a few years.

I have the ML Jig rod and the Mag Top water, both great rods, and in my opinion one of a kind rods. Not many companies have such a large selection of lengths and powers.

More sensitive then a GLX? I couldn't tell to be honest. I've fished both. I honestly could not tell the difference in sensitivity with a GLX vs a G2 Extreme rod. I dont' think there's many people out there that can honestly tell the difference in sensitivity between an IMX and GLX.

They are priced very competitively and fairly with the Loomis rods, but in my mind, aside from sensitivity, there are a few things I like much more about them then the Loomis rods.

I love no front grip, it gives me more confidence having my finger on the blank. Might sound very silly, but style and look give me confidence as well. Last but not least, the large amount of models (lengths and powers) is VERY NICE. You can have rods at 6'8, 7ft, 7'3, 7'4, 7'6, 7'8, 7'9, 8ft. How many companies have that many options and many powers in some sizes.

I do like that these rods come a in a variety of sizes and power. I cannot say enough good things about the few that I own.