Sign in to follow this  
bpraz

Pfluger Summit baitcast reel

I have several of the Pflueger Summits and I have never had any negative experiences at all (not even minor ones). My primary use for the Summit is as my main crankbait reel. It really fits nicely in my hand. You can get great casting distance and a super smooth retrieve without dropping major coin on a reel.

JT Bagwell

No left hand model so Pfluegers loss my business.  I would like to add a Summit or the new President, but no left hand model.

No left hand model so Pfluegers loss my business.

X2

They do make the President in a left hand version.

I am left handed but I use right handed reels so I never

have to switch hands during my cast.

JT Bagwell

Supremes in LH are still around.  How does the Supreme compare to the Patriarch, President & Summit? (hope I'm not hi-jacking a thread :) )

Supremes in LH are still around. How does the Supreme compare to the Patriarch, President & Summit? (hope I'm not hi-jacking a thread :) )

TackeTour has reviews for the Supreme, President, and Patriarch in their archive.

http://www.tackletour.com/menuarchive.html

The supreme is a great reel, I feel that the brake is a little less refined then that of the Patriarch.  Despite it's appearances it is quiet comfortable to handle and palms with descent ease and casts wonderfully.  It's not as ergonomic or as easy to use as the Patriarch, haven't used a president, and have an Asaro which is the same frame as the summit which is a very comfortable design as well.  I would imagine the casting and braking of the summit and supreme are similar, pretty close to the same reel with different frames.  Any of the higher end pfluegers are good choices and can be found at significantly lower prices on ebay; Supreme (Discontinued) $60-110, Summit $90-140, Patriarch usually less than $170.  Not a lot of new presidents on there yet