Sign in to follow this  
JohnMac

Flipping Reels

Im buying a flipping rod to add to my arsenal and im looking for suggestions. So far i think im just looking for a reel with a 7.0:1 or higher gear ratio for pickin up the slack. Im looking for nothing over 300 but im very interested in the zillion the quantum tour edition and the revo stx all advice is great thanks guys.

I use a Revo STX and a Revo SX for all my flippin needs. IMO, they are absolutely perfect for it because of there amazing drag systems!

Good choice going for 7:1.  You really can't go wrong with any of your choices.  I am partial to Quantum, been using for many years and like.  If you don't have to have the latest and greatest you can pick up last year's TE for less than $150 on ebay.  Once again though, all good choices.  Let us know how it goes.

Eddie

You can't beat the CuradoE 7.1:1 for flipping/pitching. This reel is smooth, fast and the HEG gears can crank up a truck.

I primarily fish Pflueger but I have a Curado E7 on my flipping stick.  I like it for this application and for casting jigs and small swimbaits.  It's definitely a good choice but the Revo's do come with the beefed up drag

stx

I use a CuradoE7, but I also have a Revo STX that I am going to try this application with this year as well.  Love the drag of the Revo, but also love the HEG in the Curado.  Both are excellent choices.

Later, :)