Sign in to follow this  
DINK WHISPERER

Powell Max 766H flippin stick

I was looking at buying this rod for heavy cover fishing but wanted to see if anyone on here has tried it? It is the Powell 766H Mag-Heavy extra fast one piece flippin stick in 7' 6" of course.

I don't own this model but I do have four Powells and I like them a lot.  If the quality of this rod is the same as those that I own I think you'll have a good flippin' stick at a good price.  

After speaking to the owner of Powell products i went ahead and bought this rod. Just wanted to see if anyone actually tried it.

I have a dobyns 766 and it is sweet!I use it for frogs,big jigs,punching,flipping i love this rod!

Are they the same as the powell? I always see that name when searching for Powell rods. They also, have similar item #s.

UPDATE: I just received the rod and man do i love it! I FINALLY found a flippin rod that i am happy with. It has the weight and diameter of my MH 7ft rods but is 20 times stronger! I paired it with a Revo SX and 25lb BPS XPS fluoro and man oh man!!!!!  ;D

Man i am telling you what, ignore anything you have heard about it being too bulky or stiff! It is very light, as thin as some of my MH rods and has amazing backbone. I highly recommend it.