Sign in to follow this  
booneangler

Quantum PT Question

I found some quantum PT's on sale that are last years model but these are not the same color these are not the pearl paint these are silver with orange on them. What is the diference in these i any? I found them for a $100 is this a good deal?

Sounds like you found the saltwater series.  :)  I'm not sure what the original pricing was on the saltwater reels, can't help you there. Sorry!

If I'm not mistaken, sounds like an Energy PTS, saltwater, I think they were priced comparable to the FW Energy, around $189, maybe even a little more, $219 I think

is it this one

478717648.jpg

I found some quantum PT's on sale that are last years model but these are not the same color these are not the pearl paint these are silver with orange on them. What is the diference in these i any? I found them for a $100 is this a good deal?

I'm not sure of the diffences but Bill Dance used them alot, I think because it match the TN Vols hat

Dick's has been clearing the FW Energy at $99.  About a month ago, it was even in a flyer for $20 off.  You should be able to google a $10 of $50 coupon for Dick's to get the price down to $89.

I picked up a couple on clearance. It is a very good bargain. They are a little heavy though. Quantum seems to be working on making reels lighter now, so guessing new model shed an oz or two.