Sign in to follow this  
South FLA

New E Series Curado or Old B Series Chronarch

Sold my Scorpion today and put a 50MG on my Slate. So my Cumara felt very lonely.....what to do?

Buy a new Curado E of course! (no flaming from Daiwa, Quantum, or Revo Fans Please, I did consider another Zillion though, but a Daiwa on a Shimano Rod just doesn't feel right)

So I was looking through the mail and got a 10% coupon on any one item from BPS. So I figured I could pick up a Curado E for $171 out the door. Problem is that BPS is about 40 miles farther South. So I figured what the heck go to Gander Mountain and see if they will honor a BPS coupon (they do). Walked down to the fishing department picked up a Curado 200E and.............right next to it was a Chronarch B series for $149.99....hmmmmm???

What would you do?

New Curado E 200 for $171 out the door

or

an old Chronarch B 100 for $142.

What are you gonna be using it for? That b is a steal at that price. I'm thinking of getting a b for cranking and a e7 for my carolina rigs.

FWIW, you can pick up a new Curado E7 on Ebay for about $155 shipped to your door.

FWIW, you can pick up a new Curado E7 on Ebay for about $155 shipped to your door.

even less if you bid

True, but I'm all about instant gratification. I get irritated if it takes more than 4 days to go from clicking the "Buy it Now" button to test casting it in my front yard.  ;D

My vote goes to the Curado. I was in Gander last week and played with the Older B series Chronarch, feels about as smooth as the Curado. The Chronarch seems Bulkier than the 200E

I own both. The new curado is lighter and more compact making it easier to palm. The B is smoother and IMO make a great crankbait reel.

Drum roll......................................

ended up getting the Chronarch B Series, smoothhhhh.  Palming is not an issue and it balances well on my 7' Cumara. Plus, 142.xx after coupon and tax it couldn't be beat  ;D.

Great Choice. You will love the reel! 8-) Now start saving for the Chronarch D. It absolutely blows the B model away and IMO feels better in my hands than the Core.