Sign in to follow this  
coltonriegel

spinning rod for penn 4500ss

wuts the best spinning rod "action"wise fore top water jerk baits like supper flukes,bass assassins,or even top water stick baits? i have a quantum pts 7" medium. 1/4-3/4 lure wt.   but dont like it!

i feel like i need a med hevey or a faster medium...but wut do i know?? i have bin using a allstar med hevey wr1 6'6" casting and like how it works for me.  like i sed i want it in spinning for my penn 4500ss. any insight and info would be great...im not picky on brand but relly like all stars and my dad likes the falcons allot and would try one :;)

That's a saltwater reel, correct?  Planning on using it in the surf?

I've got a sleeper for you and I know 2 people that have them and I seem them almost daily.

BPS inshore extreme.  various models available but I like 7' 10- 20 rating line, up to 2 oz , guess it would be mh.  Plenty of spine and casting distance I have yet to see equalled by any rod at any price, easily out casted my Hurricane Redbone by 50 yards.

Just came off sale for 79, now 119, sorry I didn't buy one at sale price.

well im in fresh water. i got the real for $40 on ebay and pland it for hevey'er fish like cats and striper but... im in the lake and would like to use it for bass assasssins and super flukes ;).i would like to sell the reel and get like a 4200ss, like my mom got for bass.

Sorry for the wrong info I should not have assumed.  That is a great reel, very popular down here Florida, but for saltwater.

I bought a cheapy that I really like alot.  I use it for bonita, kingfish and barracuda which are much like muskie.  It's a shimano soujourn muskie rod 10-25 line rating, only 29.95 and it's holding up very well.