Sign in to follow this  
zbigbadaaron

Berkley lightning rod shock series.

Well I ordered one like a month or so ago from Cabelas to go with my Asaro that I bought at the same time but it has been back ordered forever.

No personal experience but have read some GOOD things. I have a 6'MH Berkley Bionix spinning rod got on clearance. Of course there are better rods out there, but at the price, I'd give it a try ;)...

skillet

Original Lightning rod & the Shock are 2 different rods.  The Shock have oxide guides while the original has chrome guides.  Also the Shock has a softer tip to accomodate braided lines, which it was meant for but you can use mono also.  The rod blank has line ratings for both braid & mono.

I had the 6'6" M b/c rod, didn't like the trigger on the rod, it felt it curved too much for my liking...but that's me.

I do have the 7'6" ML spinning rod which I really like.  I can whip out lures w/ this rod using braid...haven't tried using mono w/ it.

I have one of each. I have the 6'6" MH BC that I put an Accurist on with 10# Floroclear for cranks and lipless. It is very light, could throw it all day, and as sensitive as I need a lipless crankbait rod to be. I really like it, but haven't thrown anything else on it.

I also have a 6'6" M spinning rod with a 2500 reel on and 15#Fireline Tracer braid. I use it primarily for weightless and flukes. It, I admit, is not the most sensitive for this application. They have to hammer it, those really subtle strikes I am sure I might be missing. If anybody else has suggested uses for this set-up, they would be appreciated.

All-in-all, very happy with both.

Hope this helps, Twitch