Sign in to follow this  
BassinSoldier

Bought a new symetre today

I was going to buy another pflueger president but I had some extra cash from a poker game, so I picked up a shimano symetre 3000.  This thing feels sweet and I can't wait to hit the water with it!  Anybody else own one?  If so, how's it held up for ya?

Got the Symetre 2500 w/ a Cabelas Prodigy spinning rod combo a couple months ago.  It was on sale for $160 for both...not a bad deal!

I've used the Symetre a few times & it's very smooth, very similar to the Saros I have.

Only thing I don't care for from this years Symetre from last years is it cost $20 more & it does not come w/ a spare spool.

Yep, got an older 1500, like it a lot, very smooth. Bought a new 2500 last week, returned it, didn't like it. If yours is smooth, fantastic, you'll love it.

Have had my 2500 for a couple of years now and can only say GOOD things about it. Unbelievable how smooth the drag is...

skillet

Congrats. You did good.

A 3000 is a big spinning reel.  I have 2500s.

But overall, you did great.  ;)

ah, hold'em. helped me buy quite a bit of tackle.

i love the symetre. ive had more than a couple of the 2500's

They didn't have any of the 2500's, but the 3000FJ didn't look TOO much bigger than the 2500's I had seen before, so I think it'll work out ok.  Just more line capacity in case a huge blue cat decides to pick up my shaky head with 8lb fluoro... ;)

sam, i'm pretty darn sure the symetre 2500 and 3000 are the same reel but with different sized spools. the 3000's slightly deeper spool has less aluminum and so is actually 0.2 ounces lighter than the 2500's spool.

bassinsoldier, congrats...the symetres are awesome.

Great reel, one of my favorites. Love the aluminum body and oil port so you don't have to open the reel.

Yes, a little bigger spool, 0.2oz lighter and the drag jumps from 11.0 to 15.0lbs. I was told when I bought my 3000 at Cabelas that the 2500 sold more because of the handle difference between them (most people prefered the 2500). The 3000's handle was fine to me so that is what I went with.

Eric