Sign in to follow this  
JellyMan

All around rod?

I have a Johnny Morris Sig Series BC. Right now it's on a 6'0 Shimano Soujou or whatever. Medium action.

I have been thinking I need to go with a 6'6 MH. I fish everything from weightless plastics to heavy spinnerbaits. I love how short the 6'0 is but I think I need to grow up and go bigger and a bit heavier.

What do you guys think?

i think you need to do what works for you..personally, I like the 7 footers, my spinning rods are 6'6" 7' and 7'6"..and I'm lookin for a 8 footer. BC rods are 2 at 7' 1 at 6'6". the 6'6" was a present from my Son..so I'll keep that one.. ;)

I fish out of my float tube alot and only bring two rods.  I carry E21 carrot stix 6'9" MHF and they are great for just about every application

I fish out of my float tube alot and only bring two rods. I carry E21 carrot stix 6'9" MHF and they are great for just about every application

x2 on the 6'9''MH LTX

You will have a better hook up % with the longer rods or at least I did I just loved my 6 footers for a long time because I felt like I had more control over my baits but with alittle practice I found that I landed more fish with that extra leverage the longer rods 6'9 and longer gives me I still will not use anything over 7 foot.  Try you a 6'6 MH for a good all around starting point of course I would recommend a Kistler Carbon steel IMO good luck and tight lines.