Sign in to follow this  

CX premium compared to CXX

What is the difference in these two lines besides the florou coating, in 10lb test which handles better which is stronger and which has better sensitivity?

I am curious too especially when used on a baitcaster.  Just from some of the reviews on Cabelas and BPS, looks like CXX is monster strong.  

It's like comparing dental floss to steel cables ;D

CXX is way stronger that CX in the same # test. With that extra strongness comes a thicker line though. With that thicker line comes more memory. BUT.... you have a much stronger line and a more abrassion resistant line. CXX has it's time and place. I would say CX would be a better choice for "Normal" circumstances. As far as sensitivity goes... I'm honestly not sure which one is more sensitive :-/

I only use it for my swimbait line. I use 30# and 25# CXX for two of my swimbait reels. When throwing $75+ swimbaits, I want strong line. ;D

P-Line is good stuff though. I started off with it when I first started bass fishing and still used it today... it's good line for the money

CXX is perfect for every situation.

Exactly....and if the memory bothers you, say in 10lb, you could safely go with 8lb in CXX, that's what I crank with, 8lb shallow....10lb medium-deep and spinnerbaits,  and have not lost a crank with it yet, have straightened a few hooks with the 10lb.  I have been trying out the flouro-clear 12lb on smaller t-rigs but still 15lb for 10'' worms and 17lb for jigs in CXX

CXX is perfect for every situation.

Exactly....and if the memory bothers you, say in 10lb, you could safely go with 8lb in CXX, that's what I crank with, 8lb shallow....10lb medium-deep and spinnerbaits, and have not lost a crank with it yet, have straightened a few hooks with the 10lb. I have been trying out the flouro-clear 12lb on smaller t-rigs but still 15lb for 10'' worms and 17lb for jigs in CXX

You can also use the KVD Line conditioner. I use it with 30# CXX and it turns it into spaghetti :)