Sign in to follow this  
Brian4618

Spinnerbait rod

I looked through previous threads and they didnt answer my question. I bought a reel with a 7.1:1 ratio and was gonna use it for spinnerbaits, i just need a decent rod for it. I was looking for something under $75 if thats possible.

Mine spinnerbait rod is All-Star Pro Series 6'6" MH casting rod.  The original price was $55.00, but the guy let it go for $50.00.  This is my dedicated spinnerbait/chatterbait rod and it works great!

Guest beowulfx71

I use a Team All Star 6'4" spinnerbait rod, they are only $80 and are light and sensitive.

I have a Shimano Clarus, they are in your price range, they come with a lifetime warranty too.. ;)

i was in the same bought and bought a croix mojo 7foot m fast action for around 100 bucks. i like a slower action on my spinnerbait rods so thats what i went with. i do own a shimano crucial as well and the lifetime waranty is def a plus.  

When I use my spinnerbaits I catch alot of fish by  letting them drop and hit the bottom every so often, would this make any difference in the type of rod I need to get? I want to make the right choice of the rod i get for my fishin style.

I wouldnt say it would affect it too much, I mean a spinnerbait rod can be used as a jig rod and letting it fall seems like a jig approach. As for the kind of rod, ask on the forum if anyone has anything available, you might be able to get a compre or premier for around $75...maybe even a crucial.

I just got a 7'MH Avid to use for spinnerbaits.  Before then, I was using a 7'MH BPS Bionic Blade which performed the task wonderfully and is affordable at the $50 they are right now.  They are a tad bit heavy but that never really bothered me, it felt about the same as the avid does.

Cabelas has their XML series of rods on sale for 69.00 right now. They have a 7 ft medium heavy power fast action spinnerbait specific rod in that line. I just bought one but have yet had the chance to fish it.

Cabelas has their XML series of rods on sale for 69.00 right now. They have a 7 ft medium heavy power fast action spinnerbait specific rod in that line.

x2

Has anyone used a Rhino Indestructible rod before? I have one of these that doesn't have a reel on it, could this serve as a good spinnerbait rod or no?