Sign in to follow this  
carrothead

Bass Pro Shops® Tournament LTD

Is this reel any good?  It has 10 bearings, and looks like a great deal.  Just wondering if it is at all worth the WHOLE $40 ;D?  No, really.  Does it hold up for more than three trips?

I love it.  It has held up really well for me and seems so far to be a good rugged reel.  I have been fishing it for about 2 months now, 4-6 times a week.

Be careful on this. I know most BPS reel names but not all.

You two could be talking about "different" reels. Anytime LTD, limited edition, special purchase or similar names get added to an existing reel name then it could be something else.

EX  A "BPS Extreme" might not be the same exact reel as a " BPS Extreme LTD". To what extent they would or would not be the same is a very very long conversation! Sames theory goes for their rods.

Thus a Tournament and a Tournament LTD might or might not be one in the same.

Don't open up the discussion anymore than it already is; trust me as more than one thread has been locked down over this topic including one just a few days ago.

FFI - AKA Matt Crum

That reel is essentially their Bionic Plus reel that retails for $65.  The differences are the Tournament reel has the recurve handle and different bearings.  The Bionic Plus has 6 double shielded stainless steel bearings.  The Tournament reel has 10 bearings, but they aren't double shielded.  In other words, they are more likely to fail sooner.  That doesn't mean with normal use & maintenance that it shouldn't last for quite a few years.

If you could still find one of the old Extreme's for $40 it would be a better choice though.