Sign in to follow this  
ArcticCat500

SOL or Fuego

I have and really am impressed with my Tierra, Im having another rod built by GBlanks and was considering the SOL or the Fuego in the 2500 series, whats your take on these an why?  Do they really add up to the Tierra and that much better?

Thanks.

fuego if you can still find a bps that has it for $99

Otherwise I would definantly get the sol. It can handle saltwater and the way its balanced when you spin the reel is incredible. I dont spend too much on spinning reel because I feel as long as it has a smooth strong drag, lays line correctly and reels smoothly, it good enough. For fresh water bass fishing anyways. Save the money on a good rod.

SOL all the way i think that will always be one of my fav. spinning reels,when i die ima be burried with it...love it,so smooth.only difference between them really is what material they are made out of,but imo the SOL looks ALOT better.

Spinning Reels: Sol

Casting Reels: Sol or Zillion

They are the only reels that I will buy now period. There are other companies out the that make great reels. I just prefer Diawa over Shimano and Abu. Both are top shelf companies that put out great products.

That 2500 Tierra, if that's what you already have, is one helluva sweet reel.  If you want to move "up", have you considered the TD Advantage?  No quite as expensive as the Fuego or Sol, but darn nice reel.  

I agree Micro, the Tierra is very nice, I was looking to move a notch or 2 and have considered the TD Advantage, I know of some guys in here with the Sol's but have yet to hear anything on the Advantage.

Do you have 1 and if so how is it?  Thanks

Sounds like a win / win situation.  ;D ;D  The worst case, sticking with the Tierra is still a great choice in my opinion.   ;D

I own a Certate 2000 and an Advantage 2000.  

The Advantage has all you need from a spinning reel; a reliable drag, solid build, ball bearing line roller.  I don't believe you would be disappointed.

If you fish in salt, get the Sol.  Otherwise, get the Fuego.

actually, the new fuegos (fuego-As) are made of zaion (not magnesium), have a completely washable design, and are saltwater-approved. personally, unless i got a really good deal on the sol, i'd go with one of the new fuegos. it is 0.8 oz. lighter and has a more steez-like body than than sol/advantage (which means nothing really...i'm just the type that has to have the newest and best i can afford). also, if i had to guess, i'd say that the daiwa will soon update the sol and places might start clearancing them out whereas the fuego-As are brand new. i also noticed that daiwa rates the sol for ML/L use and the fuego-A as M/ML.

I love my 2000 and 2500 Sol. If you decide to get one just don't buy one from Nick Lange!  ;)

* I would like to try the new Fuego, just can't see spending the money for it when you can pick up a Sol for $110-$120.

I love my 2000 and 2500 Sol. If you decide to get one just don't buy one from Nick Lange! ;)

* I would like to try the new Fuego, just can't see spending the money for it when you can pick up a Sol for $110-$120.

where can you get a sol for that price? new?