Sign in to follow this  
BassNub

problem,Team Daiwa TH100 Pro

Well I have 2 setups, 1 with a 7'0 Med Fast Act Mojo Rod equipped with a Team Daiwa TH100 Pro Series. And also got a 6'6 MH Fast Act Mojo equipped with a Abu Garcia Revo SX.

Well the other day I was fishing from the bank, and set my daiwa behind me ontop of my tackle while i was casting my revo. Well it so happened that I snaped my Daiwa and it went flying into the water, it was in there soaking for a good minute or 2, while i changed to EWG Hook to snag it back up.

Well since the horrific accident, as i turn my handle on the daiwa, it squeaks. I tried oiling it, but only oiled it from the outside and this hasn't solved the problem.

What should I do? I know I should send it in for a repair but don't have the money to yet. Any help is appreciated thank you. ;)

If you know how, strip it down, clean it out, and lube it up

x2..but dry it out first then strip down clean off all old grease and get all oil off then regrease and oil and reassemble and you should be good to go,but make sure to dry everything off.use a hairdryer and if you want once you break it down let the parts all sit in a bowl of rice overnight to soak up all liquid dampness and mositure.

x2..but dry it out first then strip down clean off all old grease and get all oil off then regrease and oil and reassemble and you should be good to go,but make sure to dry everything off.use a hairdryer and if you want once you break it down let the parts all sit in a bowl of rice overnight to soak up all liquid dampness and mositure.

ive never thought about doing that.

ive never thought about doing that.

it works wonders lemme tell ya youd think you have all water mositure etc. out of there but add some rice and the next day youll find some rice all wet and water logged,i do it everytime i clean and wash my reels b4 i relube and oil them every season.its like having new reels all over again.ive also used in on cell phones that take a dive in the lake when grabbing fish.dont turn the phone on (thats what shorts it out)open it up and add some rice and let it sit there for a day or two and tada,,works again.