Sign in to follow this  
GonzoFishing

Revo Toro vs Revo Inshore

After using a baitcaster and getting somewhat confident with one, I'm hooked!! I'm now ready to upgrade to a better model but this time I want something I can use in fresh and inshore saltwater. I'm looking to buy either the Revo Toro or the Revo Inshore. I noticed that the Toro is a bit heavier but it does have a higher line capacity. I intend to use braid so I dont think this would be too much of a big deal. Other than that and $40 I dont really see much difference. Which would you pick or would you go with another model? As always, I appreciate the input ;)

Thanks BTF! I didnt realize Shimano made a saltwater baitcaster until you mentioned it. After a quick search I just saw the Curado 300DSV and it looks pretty nice  ;D Same price range too  ;D

The Toro and the Inshore really aren't in the same class of reels.

The Inshore is a pretty standard sized bass-fishing type baitcaster.  The Toro is bigger, heavier reel that is more robust and intended for heavier applications.  

The Insore, like most baitcasters in its class, has a disengaging level wind.  The Toro's level wind stays engaged.  The Toro also has a clicker.

If you are going to use the reel for bass, and redfish, trout or other inshore saltwater species, the Inshore is the ticket.  If you need a reel to cast really heavy baits, or want to tangle with big redfish and striped bass, the Toro is probably the better option.

The Toro, IMO, is just too big and heavy to be an all around bass baitcaster.  

Thanks for the info fellas! Much appreciated  ;)