Sign in to follow this  
KYntucky Warmouth

Time to get cranking...

With my new Luck Craft 701MH BDS. Going to use it for deep divers, can't wait to go out Sat. morning and give her a go. I really like the way it feels, actually lighter than I expected, no carrot stix or anything but a nice weight for fiberglass.

IMG_1226.jpg

IMG_1219.jpg

IMG_1224.jpg

Personally, I would use the money on a jig/worm rod but if you've got the dough, why not? I hope it fishes well enough to earn that price tag!

He's got the dough...and plenty of worm and jig rods anyway...lol.

That combo looks awesome.  Let me know how it does.

well...it's an early birthday present, and I have more worm/jig rods than I can shake a crankin stick at

took it out this morning and really like it.  balances very well with the Curado.  nice soft tip that launches cranks far but allows for accurate casting when need and transitions into backbone reasonably fast for glass.  Was only out for 3 hours and stuck two with it, one a dink that was foul hooked in the back and then a 1 1/2 - 2lber that hit after a deflection off of a bridge piling.  Have to say it's the best cranking rod I have handled, worlds above my bps crankin stick but I expected that.  The feel of it is great, really sensitive allowing for detection of rock, grass, mud, and the feel of the bait on the end is unbelievable.  I fish a series 5 SK, Norman Deep Little N, and a DD22 and it handled all three baits quiet well.  I actually gained 10-15' on the cast from crankin stick, same reel for both and actually less line today.  Overall I am very pleased.

Copyof1121.jpg