Sign in to follow this  
Travis O

Would a fish eagle 2 make a good flipping stick?

If you are going to do a lot of flippin'(like i do) than i would suggest you invest in the best rod you can afford. Great sensitivity is a must to enable you to distinguish what is a fish in those thick weeds, brush, pads etc. Strength is also a key factor in a flippin' stick. If you will only flip occasionally than the Cabela's would be okay i guess.

X2, I don't have any experience with the fish eagle 2 but if you flip a lot then you really do want to invest in the best flippin' stick you can afford. Sensitivity is a huge factor with flipping, and also keep in mind that higher-end rods are generally going to be a lot lighter, which is a big plus when you're flipping all day. If you don't flip a lot though or if your budget is tight you'll probably be fine with a fish eagle.

Sounds like I better get something different for flipping.  Would these make decent frog rods or C-rigging rods?  I like to keep extra rods around as loners and for the $20 price tag I dont know if I could go wrong especially if I could use them for other things myself.  

Do you guys recomend a rod longer than 7' for a flipping stick or is that long enough?  

Personally i will not flip with anything shorter than a 7' 6" stick, but i am 6' 2" tall. Some shorter anglers prefer a shorter rod. The cover you are fishing is a factor as well. The longer rod will give you more leverage in the heavy cover. A flippin' stick can easily double as a frog rod and Carolina rig rod as well. For $20 they will make great spare rods IMO.

WOW, 6' 7" huh? I would look into a little bit bigger stick if i were you man! My bro is 6' 4" and he uses a Mike Iaconelli MI801XHXB stick. Kistler also makes a very nice 7' 8" all day flippin' stick.

Sounds like I better get something different for flipping. Would these make decent frog rods or C-rigging rods? I like to keep extra rods around as loners and for the $20 price tag I dont know if I could go wrong especially if I could use them for other things myself.

Do you guys recomend a rod longer than 7' for a flipping stick or is that long enough?

Like dink, I really prefer a rod around 7'6" for flipping. For carolina rigs I prefer a 7' rod, and while a more sensitive rod would be ideal for c-rigs, at $20 you're right, you can't go wrong.