Sign in to follow this  
Northern Strain

Best rods/reels little cash

I am in the market for a new baitcast combo. I intend on spending no more than $140. What type of QUALITY rods and reels could i get for that money? Tell me if you have any other suggestions.

Check Ebay, If you are patient you can find a new Citica 200e for $90. As for rods, look on the forums flea market, you can find some great deals. I have gotten a few rods that are pretty much new for close to half price. So for your price point you might be able to find a Shimano compre or St croix Premier.

Shimano Clarus casting rod and a Quantum Burst casting reel.

Shimano Clarus casting rod and a Quantum Burst casting reel.

Good advice right here.  You could also swap out for a Cabelas Prodigy reel.  They are a solid value or keep checking the Flea market.  Tons of good deals in there.

I see a lot of the Code reel sold as broken so, Even with me being a  Quantum Guy, they do not give me a warm feeling.  

by the way i was looking online and saw a berkely amp rod, it looked cool and inexpensive but i don't think it would hold up well, just throwing that out there and does anyone have info on them?

but u do like the burst?

Yes, I do like the Burst.  So much that I own three of them.

:)

Seriously though, the Burst reel is a great reel at a great price.  I believe that it gets overlooked by many because it has a small price tag or because it is a Quantum.

:;)

what about quantum codes? has anyone tried them out?

I also like the Code very much.  I use it on my flipping stick so I don't do too much casting with it.  It seems like a very sturdy and smooth reel at a very good price.

:)

my buddy has a code red and he likes it very much... do that and an amp rod and you should be set. the amp rod is a great deal for $30.

The code is a good reel, it was my first bc reel and is still going strong.  I would not pay the 120 that they are at walmart but for 80 they are great.  I would suggest a bps extreme combo if you have a store near.  

There is a shimano Clarus in the flea market right now for $50!