Sign in to follow this  
Tucson

Rod Carrier

Made this rod carrier from some scrap I had in the shop.  Was going to use bungies to hold the rods in place then came up with a sandwich design of plywood, rubber membrane with a slit, and a piece of masonite to hold the rubber in place.  Cleaner app than the bungies.  Well, I can only attach one picture, how do you guys attach multiple photos?

post-3623-130162926631_thumb.jpg

Right on! Wow! Great minds think alike! I made one a while back and I call it a rod quiver. My original intention was to have it function like a backpack and hence the name quiver, but I quickly learned that walking through the brush was not easy with one-piece rods so it would be better to hold them in one hand.

To add more photos, simply paste in the IMG text from your photo storage place. For me, it is photobucket.

I used a triangle so that I could hold three rods, but other shapes could be used to accomodate more rods.

STA72494Large.jpg

I lined my grooves with felt and use industrial strength velcro as home depot calls it to secure the rods to the quiver. They have not ever opened up, even when running.

STA72496Large.jpg

STA72491Large.jpg