Sign in to follow this  
MattinOK

H20 Express rods and reels.

While browsing my local Academy the other day; I happened upon a new rod by H20 express (Academies house brand.) They have Fuji ACS guides, they're IM6 graphite, are really aethestically pleasing (I love the black graphite on cork -drool-), seem to have a sensitive tip and alot of backbone (every time I fished it in the store that is...) and best of all they have a good price tag. $39.99. Has anyone here had any experience with them? I've seen a few mentions of them on other sites, but never any in-depth reviews.

I also looked at some of they're BC reels. One in particular caught my attention. The Mettle is a graphite bodied, 6.3 to 1 gear ratio, 6 pin centrifugal brakes, and 10 stainless steel ball bearings. I've looked at, and handled one of these, and it seems solid. Out of all the 50ish BC's I've looked at; this one seems the nicest. Would the centrifugal brakes be any trouble? I've heard some people don't like them. Thanks for all your trouble and time.

Matthew Luce

Does your academy have a refurbished combos section? If it does look at the % of H2O's in that section. At ours it will be one Revo s, one Citica,one Abu Silver max, and 20 H2O's. Things like that I do not trust. My buddy broke a couple of the Tx Slam (H2O express)rods they sold. I would be weary of them. They make some really good lures at a good price though.                                                            P.S. stay away from the H2O line also. IMO it is garbage.