Sign in to follow this  
ymduhh

confused on rod and reel differences

Hello everyone,

I have a question that I am rather confused about, as I was browsing around I saw that most of you use different rods and reels for different types of lures you will be using for different situations. Well my question is, what is the difference between the different types of equipment you use for the different situation. As well, I may have another question to just add it in here, I am new to Bass fishing and would like to learn and catch my first one (even if it is small) with the right equipment. I own a Zebco® Hawg Seeker Spinning Rod and Reel Combo (I can't post links yet since I am new, so if you can look it up on their website) I bought at BPS about two months ago. I use it for when I go to the local river to do some catfishing. I am sure I will have to probably get a new setup for Bass I am assuming? I just started fishing about three months ago, so any help on picking out a new setup would be helpful. Since that rod I use is heavy, I only will have a $170 budget. Is there anything good or at least decent I can get that most of you had used. I am going to check out the flea market but before I do I would like a few pointers to know what to look for. Well, I think that is all for now and thanks once again.

Check out this link since it will probably help with some of your answers as far as recommendations

http://www.bassresource.com/bass_fishing_forums/YaBB.pl?num=1247752536

I think there is one other link as well on budget combos and probably have to do a search for that one

Good luck

For $170 you can get a Daiwa Exceler 6:1 and a Daiwa Procyon rod 7 MH/fast tip and have some $$ left over for line and lures.

Hello everyone,

I have a question that I am rather confused about, as I was browsing around I saw that most of you use different rods and reels for different types of lures you will be using for different situations. Well my question is, what is the difference between the different types of equipment you use for the different situation. As well, I may have another question to just add it in here, I am new to Bass fishing and would like to learn and catch my first one (even if it is small) with the right equipment. I own a Zebco® Hawg Seeker Spinning Rod and Reel Combo (I can't post links yet since I am new, so if you can look it up on their website) I bought at BPS about two months ago. I use it for when I go to the local river to do some catfishing. I am sure I will have to probably get a new setup for Bass I am assuming? I just started fishing about three months ago, so any help on picking out a new setup would be helpful. Since that rod I use is heavy, I only will have a $170 budget. Is there anything good or at least decent I can get that most of you had used. I am going to check out the flea market but before I do I would like a few pointers to know what to look for. Well, I think that is all for now and thanks once again.

You see us fishing with lots or rods and reels not because they are an absolute must, because we like our tools to be more duty specific, also, to "save" time between changes without having to retie.

You need them all ? Nope, not really

Can you have only one setup to cover most of your needs ? yup

Normally I carry 5-6 setups when I 'm on the boat, when I fish from shore I only carry one.