Sign in to follow this  
cataligh

How to know the action of a rod...

I'm looking for a new rod for fishing weightless senko's and other plastics.  I'm under the impression that an extrafast/fast action rod is preferable.  I've noticed that may rods, even some very expensive ones, don't list the tip action of the rod, only M/MH/H etc...

How do I find out the tip action of the rod?

I understand the concept, my problem is I cannot find many rods that actually list that type of action.  How do you know what the tip action of these rods are?  Are the unlisted ones moderate by default?

I found they are mostly a fast action, any moderate rods are often in the cranking series of a rod line. And *** says what action most of there rods are so that might help you also.

If the action isn't listed, and you can't find it listed on the manufacturer's or retailer's site, you will have to try and determine it yourself.  You can gauge it quickly by holding the rod where you hold it when you fish, putting the tip on the floor, and then pushing the tip down.  You can see how the rod flexes.  

cataligh,

There is a sticky posted in the top of this board that explains tip actions better than the article linked to.

The majority of the production rods you see in store racks are fast tip action rods. If the rods carry a slower tip action, most not all but most, will be marked as such.

Just an old builders .02¢

Tight Lines!!!!