Sign in to follow this  
TommyBass

ABU REVO Brake Adjustment

How do you get to the centrifugal brakes on the abu garcia Revos?  My booklet doesn't say and Im afraid to just start unscrewing stuff to get the sideplate off.  I searched the site but couldn't come up with anything. Thanks in advance!

Is it a revo s? should be a screw on the crank side of the real that can be accessed with your thumb, unscrew it, it won't fall out.  then twist the non crank side and it should be open.

Yea sorry I mistyped that.... its a Revo S.   If you face the crank side are you talking about the one on the upper right?  I think I tried that one and couldn't get anything to go... maybe I just didn't twist hard enough.  It did feel like I backed it all the way out and it wouldn't fall out.

thats the one, once unscrewed you have to twist the palm plate, I think counterclockwise.

yeppers...sometimes out of the box the "thumb" screw on the crank side for the side plate can be a little tight just use a screw driver the first time then hand tighten it from herer on out..but once you have it fully unscrewed (like rick said it wont pull out) then turn the side plate counterclockwise and your good to go.hope this helps.btw great reel!!!

That may be the case... although the reel itself isn't new.  Like a big dummy I kept backing out the tension knob until it fell off, and when it did it went into the lake and sank : (   So I figured I better be smart and just undo a couple of brakes this time  : )

Thanks again guys!

That may be the case... although the reel itself isn't new.  Like a big dummy I kept backing out the tension knob until it fell off, and when it did it went into the lake and sank : (   So I figured I better be smart and just undo a couple of brakes this time  : )

Thanks again guys!

Sure hope you got a new cast control cap, or all the braking in the world isn't going to help.. :)

Please tell use you have all the parts....