Sign in to follow this  
jessetjames

starting to get serious what to get??

Ok....so before ive been fishing with those crappy walleye world poles lol. well ive started to get very interested in fishing and im going on a 3 day fishing trip any way we are going to be fishing mostly small mouth and having a chance of getting some walleye. So im wondering what i should get for my first decent rig. any info would be great. I'm planning on buying the following tackle for the trip.

Swivels, Mepps spinners. Beetle spins, and jigs with twist tails, and possibly Rapalas....

so any other tackle i need to get. and help with picking a rod and wheal choice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

jessetjames

im kinda new with baits so don't know to much lol. A spinning rig sounds right ;)....

my top price is 100 for rod and real.

I know its not much but its 10 times better then my Walmart cheap crap haha.

i do know that i need at least an 8lb line for the trip.

gander mountain and dicks sporting goods......wish i had a bps but i don't :'( i need everything by Tuesday evening or Wednesday morning.

I saw a Pflueger Trion Spinning Combo at Gander Mountain the other day that I think would be good for what you are looking for.  It was $79.99 plust tax.

I am a Pflueger kind of guy anyway (in spinning outfits), and LCM probably speaks truth. The Trion line will do a fine job for a long time.

Just two more cents.

alright thanks. ill take a look. Also if i decide to get that or something different would u replace the stock line or just use it???? also would the pflueger work decent with non spinners? because i do want a decent rig for all around fishing...... ;)

alright thanks. ill take a look. Also if i decide to get that or something different would u replace the stock line or just use it???? also would the pflueger work decent with non spinners? because i do want a decent rig for all around fishing...... ;)

The Pflueger Trion combo doesn't come with line, so you won't have to worry about taking any off.  Also, my wife has that Pflueger combo, which I had to borrow for a fishing trip, because I left all my reels at home (long story, all I can say is that I am an idiot).  During that trip, I used the combo for weightless worms, spinnerbaits, smaller t-rigged plastics, drop shot rigs, soft jerkbaits, and some topwater lures.  It handled every one of those applications quite well and I even caught some nice fish with it.  Granted, you won't be able to fish in heavy weeds with frogs or throw 3/4 oz. football jigs with it, but for what you are looking for, it will perform nicely.

dicks has Quantum Code combos for $129 spinning and casting.  I have a code baitcaster and would recommend it as a lower budget reel, not the best but good for the money.

x2 on the pflueger.you can also check out the pflueger president spinning reels,those are great (step above the trion) and can be found for a decent price ($50).and i wouldnt worry about the line cause combos from sporting good stores dont come with line,so your going to have to buy some line and spool it up yourself.6-8lb trilene will do you fine either that or grab some p-line cxx...great line,but a little costly.