Sign in to follow this  
DEbassman17

need help choosing one

i need a good spinning reel in the 60-70 dollar range, got any ideas? I was thinking daiwa exceler or the new shimano sedona  ;D

which one do you think is better?

-Jason

my brother has a sedona 2500 and he loves it. Seems to be something I would recommend

Don't forget about the Pflueger President. I know it's not in your list but you might want to include it in your consideration. A lot of guys (including me) think it is the best spinning reel at that price point.

lol i forgot about pfleuger, i may look into that as well. at dicks you can get the supreme for like 70  bucks is that a good deal?

lol i forgot about pfleuger, i may look into that as well. at dicks you can get the supreme for like 70 bucks is that a good deal?

Yes....a very good deal.  The supreme is better than the president and lighter and at $70 can't be beat.  IMO, the President is the best reel in it's price range, it's smooth, solid, and can take a beating.  I bought my dad on fir Christmas and it's still kicking strong as ever.  He's tough on reels too, loads them with 20lb mono, tightens the drag, andhe gets bit, he swings for the fences.  I think it's even been catfishing a few times with great success.