Sign in to follow this  
Koop

Looking for a review:Kistler / Falcon (specific rods)

Anyone who has handled one of these fill me in on a review?

Falcon Cara T 7 6'10" Cara Finesse Jig

kistler magnesium TS senko-worm special med-hvy 7'

Looking at getting one of these two, going to be used mainly for throwing 3/8oz jigs / weighted and unweighted plastics.

Falcon Cara T7 rods are simply amazing and I mean amazing.

I have 2 of their rods, I have the CC-6-1610S-T7 Head Turner and the CC-6-17H Lizard Dragger.

I was contemplating the Finesse but I decided to got with the Head Turner instead.  Still handles the lightweight jigs as well as the heavier jigs up to 3/4 of and ounce.  Then I have the Lizard Dragger for bigger jigs 3/4oz up to 1oz.

Both of these rods are simply amazing, the quality is top notch and the sensitivity of these 2 rods is awesome.

You looking for the split grip or the full length grip?

Later, ;)

I have a 7'MH Senko Special (mine says small swimbait special but the same rod) and like it very much.  The Magnesium rods are light rods and really sensitive.  It doesn't get used as much as it should, I tend to use the 7'H more, but a great rod for smaller plastics and jigs, I have used it for shakeyheads, small jigs, weightless plastics, and weighted up to 1/4 oz. Not so great for spinnerbaits, the original reason I got this rod, that and a great deal here in the flea market but I like a stiffer rod for spinnerbaits and it fills a plastics void quiet well.

the grip is split, I can get either of these two for $100 bucks +  shipping just trying to make up my mind as which would better fit in my arsenal ;)

If you can get either for.$100 I would jump on the Cara. I also have the Head Turner, never have I seen a Heavy Action rod cast something in 1/4 oz so effortlessly. The Argon is the way to go with a Kistler.

I have three cara's. Just bought the third today though so havent gottn to try it out.  I love the other two.  I am in the same boat as you getting them for $100 and for that price there is nothing better IMO

the grip is split, I can get either of these two for $100 just trying to make up my mind as which would better fit in my arsenal ;)

Are you gettin this rod at a store, or from a friend?

Yeah, I would also like to know where you can get a Cara for $100 I would love another.

Just a guy I know who is selling some of his rods off, if I had a store that was selling them at that price I would be sure to let you all know  ;)

I've never owned a Kistler but I own & fish Falcons. The 5-1610 is a great rod for small jigs, light t-rigs, and most weightless plastics. It'll handle 3/8 oz jigs with no problem and makes a great pitchin' rod. My favorite of the Falcons is the 6-1610 but only because I like a little heavier action than most people.

I picked up several Kistler LTA and Mag refurb's off of eBay recently and I tell ya, I love them. On the Mag's I got a crankbait and spinnerbait TS so I can't tell you specifically about the Senko model however I can just say that I was impressed with the quality of the rods. Enough so that last night I placed an order for one of the new Argon models.

On the other hand Falcon makes good rods as well. I have an older Falcon Original.  

My suggestion is to buy both :-)    Set the bait money free!!!!