Sign in to follow this  
Big Bait Fishing

my two G-Blanks swimbait rods ......

just wanted to share my new swimbait rods with you guys . there has been alot of discussion about traditional rods but not much said about swimbait rods , both of my rods are built on rainshadow blanks , 7' 10'' , american tackle ringlock guides , fuji tcs reel seats , eva split-grips , all wrapping is done in black . the first rod is rated for 2-6 oz. swimbaits and the second one is rated for 3-8 oz. swimbaits . in the pictures , the 2-6 has the Revo SX on it , the 3-8 has the Revo Toro on it . the 2-6 rod is a med heavy ( they are rated the same as G.loomis swimbait rods ) and loads up nice thru it's rating while the 3-8 is a heavy action and lets me really throw bigger baits a LONG ways !!! i know most people want more ''bling'' on there rods , but i like the all black stealthy look ! anyhow , here they are ... IMG_4495.jpg

i am having trouble making the pictures big enough to see , any help would be appreciated !!!

Quick gimmie a microsope !

JK, you need to get the original pics and post the max size that the forum will allow and let the embedded viewier handle the displayed size when they are clicked on to be viewed.

nice looking rods, what brand are the blanks and whats was the finished cost?

they are both built with RAINSHADOW blanks they were each(from G-BLANKS, wrapped ) about $185.00 shipped to my door !!! these rods are VERY nice , i'm gonna get a 4-10 oz. built probably in sept. , maybe sooner if the $$$ is right !!!!!  :(

they are both built with RAINSHADOW blanks they were each(from G-BLANKS, wrapped ) about $185.00 shipped to my door !!! these rods are VERY nice , i'm gonna get a 4-10 oz. built probably in sept. , maybe sooner if the $$$ is right !!!!! :(

How would that blank compare to a shikari blank? Better, Worse, Same

they are both built with RAINSHADOW blanks they were each(from G-BLANKS, wrapped ) about $185.00 shipped to my door !!! these rods are VERY nice , i'm gonna get a 4-10 oz. built probably in sept. , maybe sooner if the $$$ is right !!!!! :(

How would that blank compare to a shikari blank? Better, Worse, Same

never fished a shikari blank/rod but they are VERY much like a Loomis .

Did they give you an option to have there logo taken off the blank?

Dan

actually i wanted it on there , so i didn't inquire about it not being there .

they both look great. I have a topwater/spinnerbait rod from them that has the same look to it.