Sign in to follow this  
ghost_207

help me set my abu silver max

do u you guys have any problem with this baitcast. im havin alot of birdnest with this reel, using 30 pp line. the only time i dont have birdnest is when  i set it to max but i dont get cast distance.  im usin it for t-rig 1/8 to 3/8 and weightless senko.

do u you guys have any problem with this baitcast. im havin alot of birdnest with this reel, using 30 pp line. the only time i dont have birdnest is when i set it to max but i dont get cast distance. im usin it for t-rig 1/8 to 3/8 and weightless senko.

were do you get the nests at the start of the cast or towrds the end?

Set the mag. brake to half (middle) way & tightening spool tension will reduce backlashes, experienced same issue w/ black max reel using 30lb power pro. 8-)

I use these reels exclusively and they do not seem to like braid much, however the best way I have found is to set the mag brakes to the max hold the rod tip elevated with about a 3/8 oz casting plug tied on and push the button allow the plug to fall to the ground adjust the tension knob until the spool almost stops when the plug hits the ground not allowing the line to loosen on the spool then start short casting and playing with the tension knob until you get the distance and accuracy that you want.  Just alittle trick you can overcast these reels really easy dont try and over power them by casting to hard with light lures not the best reel on the market but probably the best for the money just my 2 cents hope it helps