Sign in to follow this  
80pruf

Berkley Iron Silk line???

Anybody ever used Berkley Iron Silk?  I was hoping to get some feedback on this line.

That is real tough line. A bit stiff and hate the color. If they ever make it clear a true winner. Would only use it stained water.

Thanks Leo.  I did some searching on the internet and saw that apparently when it first hit the market they had some issues with it breaking at the knot.  I can get a smokin' deal on some at the local tackle shop and it felt like good line but I didn't tie any knots with it and if it breaks (a lot) at the knot then its not a deal at any price.  But I know that not everybody likes everything.  I was hoping to get more reviews (like yours) from some die hards.

thanks

I never experienced any knot problems using a Palomar.

ive used it for a season or two...didnt have any knot issues, but it wasnt a groundbreaking line by any means.

Never had any knot issues with it either. I found it had WAY too much memory for me!

Maybe I had some batches - and I tried a few, but it was some of the worst line I've ever used...  I wouldn't take any if it was free - not trying to be harsh, just honest!

I use it as backing.  Works great for that...but then what line doesn't.

I am one who loved the line for many reasons ... I so wanted it to work ... but, I was also one who had knots fail over and over again. This is the only line I've ever used that I will absolutely never use again. And I've even used Vanish! :) Even had them send me new line after talking to Berkley on the phone. Always breakage at the knot, no matter what knot I tried. I gave it more than enough trials.

Maybe I had some batches - and I tried a few, but it was some of the worst line I've ever used... I wouldn't take any if it was free - not trying to be harsh, just honest!

I could not agree more.

It reminded me of that green wire the florists use when making flower arrangements.