Sign in to follow this  
VAfishin4me

Power Pro Red = finesse

I have used power pro for a while now, but have not used the phantom red yet, and I was just wondering if it is as invisible as it says, because this would be great news.  I often find myself finesse fishing in places where my mono line is not strong enough to tackle the cover. I usually fish with 6lb. mono as finesse. However, if this power pro really works I could obviously use a much stronger line with the same diameter as my mono. What do ya'll think?

I use red or yellow for just the opposite reason: visibility.  With slack line presentations, being able to see the line is key to detecting the bite.  If you are concerned about "lining" the fish, just use a fluorocarbon leader.  I like P-Line CFX, Gamma, and Triple Fish leader material.  An Alberto or Uni to Uni connection works great for attaching the 6-8' leader.

The red PP bleeds real bad.  Hands and cork grip will turn red, quick.  After 4 or 5 outings, the bleeding decreases.

Pre treat the line with KVD L&L, and the bleeding issue is resolved.  Color lasts much longer as well, if kept up.