Sign in to follow this  
Sharkbite

Trion Rebuild should ther be a BB here

I am getting ready to reassemble. Looking over everything to ensure I got all the peices and refresh my memory. Then this side plat caught my eye. It looks like it is ment to house a ball bearing Im not sure but I know I don't have it.  Look at the area of the tension knob.  I have a BB on the spool shaft but not in the knob area.  Is this wrong?

post-13729-130162927368_thumb.jpg

post-13729-130162927374_thumb.jpg

That's the anti-reverse bushing in the side plate.Don't think there should be a bearing there.

You should obtain a copy of the schematic just to be sure. I used to have it before I had a major file loss. Reel Mech might know where to download a copy of it.

You should obtain a copy of the schematic just to be sure. I used to have it before I had a major file loss. Reel Mech might know where to download a copy of it.

I got a copy of the Schematics and they are crap.  Its so blury that I cant see if there is a BB there.

That's the anti-reverse bushing in the side plate.Don't think there should be a bearing there.

Behind the tension control knob?

I would say no bearing there... I will also advise only a light swab of oil on the one-way bearing there before you re-place the one-way bearing sleave..

Good Luck & Tight Lines!!!

Thanks guy I went ahead and assembled the reel it worked great.  I did put e very light touch of oil on the sleeve.  

As I was down at the river tying out the reel I caugh a 11''  smallie.  It was cool and the reel is great.  The drag is like new now that is the reason why I took it apart but I also wanted to learn.  So now I know a little about reels and how to clean and assmeble them.

Thank guys for the help.

My Extremes actually do have a bearing underneath the cast control knob, where yours looks like it only has a bushing made out of nylon instead.  No matter though.  Every reel is made differently.