Sign in to follow this  
xtracrispy

stuck for 2009 baitcaster: tierra vs. curado

Hey everyone,

Stuck on an end of year choice for under 200 canadian. Shimano curado E 200 or daiwa tierra... Typically fish fast spinner baits and buzz, never crankbaits. Not a bps home brand fan. Daiwa sol seems nice. Any input is welcome!

I depends on how fast you want to fish, the Curado comes in the E5 and E7 and the Tierra comes in a 6.3:1, dead in the middle of the two Curado's.  I have one of each of the Curado's, I don't have a tierra but have a sol, I think the Tierra may be of a larger body size, it's more than an ounce bigger than the Sol.  If I were to choose between the two it would be based on the gear ratio that I was wanting, Curado for fast or slow, Tierra for inbetween, all around reel.

I don't have a Tierra, but I do have a pair of Fuego's. I also have a Curado. The Fuego is a definite cut above the Tierra. Keep that in mind for the following comparisons.

The Fuego is a hair lighter. 0.2oz if that makes any difference.

Both are easy to palm, with the edge going to the Curado.

In casting, the edge goes to the Fuego, but not by much.

The Curado drag is smoother than the Fuego's.

MSRP for the Fuego is $250

MSRP for the Curado is $180.

The Fuego is a bit smoother overall.

It almost pains me to admit it, but the Curado is a better value than the Fuego.

hsta is definately nice...can't find one in the toronto area...really in the gta its bass pro shops...all the small shops mark-up their reels insanely compared to bps....trying to keep the baitcaster price under 2 bills....

Well, you could always try an online dealer, with free shipping.  Unless they charge more for shipping to Canada?

I'm sorry but from my experience the curado and Tierra is comparing apples to oranges. They might be in the same price range but from

a value stand point it's hard to beat the curado. I think the curado is actually good competition for the daiwa zillion line up and the curado is about 100 bucks cheaper. Get the curado u won't be dissapointed.  8-)