Sign in to follow this  
skunked_again

Kistler Mag Crank Rod 6'6" Medium

any feedback on this rod? im looking for a new shallow cranking rod and before anything im looking for a light rod.

thanks.

I had a Mag TS Crankbait, I really liked the way it behaved, if it wasn 't for that Batson reel seat ( that is no longer used in the newer rods ) I wouldn 't have sold it.

I have the 7' glass/graphite "Alton Jones Crankbait Special" (MGAJCBSGGM70) that I use for shallow/lipless cranks and it's a really great rod. It's a M/MF and not too "whippy" so I can actually use it for smaller spinnerbaits, if I choose to. It's also extremely light, and very sensitive for a glass-composite rod. All in all, one of my better purchases.

I tried it out when I was looking for a shallow crank / jerkbait / topwater treble set up.  I ended up getting the 6'9 Med cranking argon.  

For me I liked the action of the argon slightly better, the mod/fast on the argon compared to the fast on the mag was what swung my decision.  

The argon also has noticeably better sensitivity, but I wasn't as concerned with that as a huge factor.