Sign in to follow this  
MOJOBA55

Can you fix scratches and nicks on rods?

I have a couple of rods that I hardly use but today on the sunlight I noticed that there are minor scratches and nicks on them. But I have heard once it gets down to the graphite that becomes the weakest part of the rod and that's where it usually gives out first. I've heard people use clear nail polish to fill but that doesn't sound like a good idea. I recently saw a commercial on WFN with Billy Mays a product called FixItPro that fills scratches and nicks but didn't want to jump the gun without any experienced advice. So my question for the members that might know the answer, what is the best solution?

I recently saw a commercial on WFN with Billy Mays a product called FixItPro that fills scratches and nicks but didn't want to jump the gun without any experienced advice.
Nope wouldn't even waste my money using it on a rod.

Different finishes's on the blanks and way more flex...

If the nicks don't break the carbon fibers in the blank then not to worry to much. If the nicks go deep enough into the fibers of the rod, that will be a failure point (sooner or later) in the blank. It can be repaired by a good builder using a good rod finish.

Good Luck & Tight Lines!!!